Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security MSc
One of the main challenges facing the human race is how to feed its people. Food production needs to rise by 50% by 2030, yet society expects that this additional food be delivered with reduced environmental impact.
Food security is also about addressing the associated socioeconomic factors to enable people to access sufficient, safe and nutritious food.
This scheme aims to train natural and social scientists to tackle these challenges, by providing interdisciplinary training and research with an international focus.
- Biological Science : PhD
- Contamination, Risk Assessment and Remediation : MSc
- Data Science for the Environment : MSc
- Ecology (by Research) : MSc
- Ecology and Conservation : MSc
- Energy and the Environment : MSc
- Environment and Development : MSc
- Environment and Development : MA
- Environmental Management and Consultancy : MA
- Environmental Science : PhD
- Environmental Science (by Research) : MSc
- Environmental Science and Technology : MSc
- Environmental and Biochemical Toxicology : MSc
- Food Challenges for the 21st Century : PgCert
- Geography : MPhil/PhD
- International Innovation : MSc
- International Innovation (Environmental Science) : MSc
- Plant Sciences (by Research) : MSc (research)
- Resource and Environmental Management : MSc
- Sustainable Water Management : MSc
- Sustainable Water Management : PgCert
- Volcanology and Geological Hazards : MSc
Search Our Courses
For Entry: 2016
Director of Studies: Dr Ian Dodd
Duration: 12 months full-time; 24 months part-time.
Entry requirements: Upper second class honours degree, or its equivalent, in a relevant subject. We can also consider applicants with a lower second class (or equivalent) if they have relevant work experience (including voluntary work).
IELTS: 6.5 or equivalent.
Assessment: Coursework, presentations, examinations and dissertation.
Funding: All applicants should consult our information on fees and funding.
Duration: Full time 12 Month(s), Part time 24 Month(s)
Department: Lancaster Environment Centre
Phone: +44 (0)1524 510257
For information on the course structure as followed by our current students, please see Lancaster University's Online Courses Handbook