Since 2014, the Faculty of Health and Medicine has held the Athena Swan Silver Award, recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women in higher education and research.
The Athena Swan Charter works towards recognising advancement of gender equality: representation, progression and success for all.
The charter covers the following:
- Women, and men where appropriate
- Academic roles in science, technology, engineering, maths and medicine (STEMM)
- Academic roles in arts, humanities, social sciences, business and law (AHSSBL)
- Professional and support staff
- Trans staff and students
In relation to their:
- progression of students into academia
- journey through career milestones
- working environment for all staff