The Hub works strategically to increase collaborative research and knowledge exchange between Lancaster University, Industry, Hub partners and Social Care across Lancashire and Cumbria.
Strategic operation of the Hub involves close liaison and co-ordination between the Hub at Lancaster University and Hub partner organisations.
Growth of high quality, locally led research is stimulated and supported through the Hub by bringing together:
- Service perspectives,professional interests and facilities within Hub partners
- Internationally renowned research expertise in health, medicine and social care at Lancaster University
- Industry perspectives and experience of collaborating with biomedical companies
- Facilitates cross-sectoral knowledge exchange
- Organises events and seminars that offer opportunities for collaborative working and development
- Works with key research-focused organisations in the region
- Develops links with industry
- Supports growth of research capability in Lancashire and Cumbria through training and development initiatives