Current areas of research interest
- Acute Coronary Syndrome, Valvular Heart Disease, Hypertension, Arrhythmias, Heart Failure
- Interventional Cardiology including structural heart disease, cardiovascular pharmacology including platelet studies
- Atrial Fibrillation, Anticoagulation, Acute Myocardial Infarction, Ischaemic Heart Disease
- Unstable Angina, Syndrome X, Cardiac CT, Anticoagulation
- Pacing and complex studies
- Novel neurohormonal modulation as medical management and patient selection for device therapy
- Clinical & translational research in cardiac and thoracic surgery
- Breast, Gynae, Colorectal, Head & Neck, UGI and Lung.
- Leukaemias, Lymphoma, Myeloma, Myelodysplasia, common and non-common blood disorders.
- All aspects of stroke from hyperacute studies to rehabilitation and therapy studies including members of the MDT
- Knee and shoulder surgery, knee and shoulder biomechanics, molecular biology of joint stiffness, orthopaedic trauma, medical education
- Intensive Care Medicine, Paediatric Anaesthesia, Resuscitation.
Infection / Microbiology
- Carcinoma of the oesophagus. Liver, NSAID related conditions and the gut.
- Neurodisability and complex health needs and health service delivery
Paediatric emergency and ambulatory care, and allergy
Epilepsy, Child protection, HIV and adolescent medicine / eating disorders
- Emergency Medicine Care
- General Ophthalmology and particularly oculoplastic surgery
- Musculoskeletal science and bioscience. Development of new biomarkers for joint disease and degeneration, including the use of acoustic technology for this purpose, and to assess the efficacy of biologic treatments and other interventions in joint inflammation.
- All aspects of respiratory and general medicine
- Pleural disease, pulmonary vascular disease and COPD
- Sleep medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology with special interest in Urogynecology.