September 2012: Collaborative Partnerships in Health, Medicine & Social Care
Lancaster University has launched a major strategic initiative to support its collaboration with the public and private sector in research, knowledge exchange and professional development across all fields of Health, Medicine and Social Care.
By leading the establishment of a Hub partnership approach, involving NHS Trusts and other organisations, the University has demonstrated its very strong commitment to supporting the future growth and development of these activities.
To mark the inauguration of the Collaborative Partnerships initiative the Faculty of Health and Medicine held a launch conference on September 18th, 2012 in the exciting new Lancaster Institute for Contemporary Arts (LICA) building.
The Conference involved senior level representation and input from all relevant sectors, partner organisations and other key stakeholders. It comprised a mix of keynote presentations and interactive workshops, and provided an opportunity for the University to showcase its activities, achievements and future plans for working with partners nationally and globally in Health, Medicine and Social Care.
Guest Speakers included:
- Dr Louise Wood (Head of Innovation and Industry, Department of Health)
- Sue Dunkerton (Co-Director, HealthTech & Medicines Knowledge Transfer Network TWI Ltd).
- Dr John Stageman OBE (Chair of BioNoW Ltd).
- Susan Davidson (Research Advisor, Knowledge Management, Age UK).
- Professor David Croisdale-Appleby (Chairman, Skills For Care).