Leading and Managing People
- Managing people for effective performance through the life cycle of employment
- Managing day to day performance
- Dealing with performance issues
- Understanding individual’s motivation, personality, and behaviours
- Developing appropriate, effective people management responses
- Leading and developing your staff
The course consists of two interactive workshops. In addition there is guided self study and work based learning for which there is distance support offered via our virtual learning environment.
On completion of the course you will have developed an understanding of best practice in terms of managing staff performance and will have developed a range of skills to enhance your ability to routinely lead and manage staff. You will have increased your understanding of the behaviours and motivation of others and explored a range of tactics to engage staff and improved your own ability to manage staff performance.
This course carries 10 level 7 Higher Education credits and contributes to the:
- Postgraduate Certificate in Leadership and Management
- Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Development
Please note that to gain a Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Development, 20 of your credits may be at level 6. This means that one or two of the courses you select can be at level 6 with the remainder being at level 7
Assessments are based on applying your learning to work based activities so they are highly relevant and useful, and there are no exams!
We recognise prior learning and experience; there are no formal entry requirements and you don't necessarily need a degree to apply.