Mind and Body
Will you help us seek solutions to the world’s health problems?
Your donation could help to fund studies, equipment or research in crucial areas of health and medicine. Our Faculty of Health and Medicine not only offers a regional centre of medical excellence but also contributes world-leading research, adding significantly to the global understanding of medical science.
Some of our major research topics include the study of end-of-life care, disability, mental health, epidemiology, cancer biology, neurodegenerative disease, immunology and microbiology.
You may have a particular motivation for supporting one or more of our research centres, which include:
- Centre for Ageing Research
- Centre for Disability Research
- Centre for Organizational Health & Well-Being
- International Observatory on End of Life Care
- Spectrum Centre for Mental Health Research
- Centre for Health Equity Research and Knowledge Exchange.
Alternatively, you might be interested in helping to fund one of our research groups:
- Combining Health Information, Computation and Statistics
- Development and Immunology of Reproduction.
We also operate the Lancaster Health Hub, which increases research collaboration between Lancaster University and the NHS in the region. The Hub engages public and private sector colleagues in collaborative research initiatives, translates innovative research into benefits for patients, and enables CPD and training.
How might your donation be used?
Your donation could help to:
- Fund vital research projects which will improve the lives of people around the world
- Enable the purchase of essential equipment for use by students and researchers
- Fund a teaching post
- Fund a deserving overseas student’s postgraduate degree in a health-related area
- Contribute towards building work for related departments.
Examples of philanthropic giving:
How can you give?
Find out about the various ways to give, including single donations, regular gifts, gifts of shares and legacies.
Are you a UK taxpayer?
UK taxpayers can increase the value of their gifts by 25% — so please remember to tick the Gift Aid box and provide your name, address and signature when you donate. Thank you!
Are you in the USA?
Over 3,000 of our alumni live in the United States. Find out how to give through Friends of Lancaster University in America Inc.