Funding Scholarships and Opportunity
Will you help the brightest to do their best?
If you studied at Lancaster, you had the opportunity of a fantastic experience at a university ranked among the top 1% of the world’s academic institutions. No doubt all sorts of opportunities have opened up to you as a direct result of your university education.
But it’s not the same for everyone. That’s why we’re determined to make this outstanding opportunity accessible to a wider range of talented people who would otherwise find it impossible either to come to Lancaster University or to continue studying with us.
You understand the value of your university education and what it has done for you, both personally and professionally. Will you support other students who would desperately like to have the same opportunities? We’re asking our alumni to help fund scholarships and other opportunities for students who need a little extra support.
Creating opportunities for all our students
Things are different nowadays, compared to when you were at university. The cost of being a student today continues to rise — particularly since higher tuition fees were introduced across the UK in 2012. Higher costs can be crippling, which is why scholarships and bursaries are needed and appreciated more than ever. Your donation could:
- help us to encourage more high-school students from less privileged backgrounds to go to university, enabling them to achieve their potential
- encourage and develop talented students already at Lancaster University (such as funding an overseas field-trip or the purchase of essential equipment)
- enable students to remain at Lancaster when sudden financial hardship strikes and they might otherwise have to abandon their studies
- fund young researchers and post-graduates as they take the first steps in their academic careers
- pay for Students’ Union events and societies.
- offer life-changing educational opportunities for students from developing countries
How can you give?
Find out about the various ways to give, including single donations, regular gifts, gifts of shares and legacies.
Are you a UK taxpayer?
UK taxpayers can increase the value of their gifts by 25% — so please remember to tick the Gift Aid box and provide your name, address and signature when you donate. Thank you!
Are you in the USA?
Over 3,000 of our alumni live in the United States. Find out how to give through Friends of Lancaster University in America Inc.