- The graduate you are accompanying will request guest tickets on your behalf.
- We guarantee two guest tickets to every graduate who books to attend their ceremony and requests their guest tickets by the deadline as communicated to your graduand.
- Live screenings of ceremonies : If you don't have a ticket to the ceremony but would still like to join us on the day, you can watch the ceremony live on big screens nearby where the atmosphere is informal and no tickets are required. This venue is staffed and fully accessible with degree day programmes available on request.
Your timings for the day
- Aim to arrive on campus at least two hours before the start of the ceremony.
- Arrive at the Great Hall one hour before the ceremony. The graduating student you are accompanying will go to their lining up venue and you will be ushered to your seat.
- Ensure you have taken your seats no later than 30 minutes before the start of your ceremony. If you are late we may reallocate your seat.
- When all guests are seated; 20 minutes before the start of the ceremony, the graduand procession will enter the Hall.
- At the ceremony start time, the academic procession will enter the hall to brass fanfares and the ceremony will be formally opened.
- The ceremony will last about an hour.
- If you are bringing children who may not be able to sit quietly, please be prepared to leave the auditorium if they become restless.
- We do permit guests to take photographs during the ceremony but please do not obstruct the view of those around you in doing so and remain seated at all times.
- Video cameras are not permitted in the Hall.