Undergraduate Graduation - Guest Information
We look forward to welcoming you to Lancaster University for graduation day.
Undergraduate degree ceremonies will take place in the Great Hall of the University in the week commencing 13 July 2015. Graduands will graduate by college and the schedule of college ceremonies will be available to view online from the end of February 2015.
- The graduate you are accompanying will request guest tickets on your behalf.
- We guarantee two guest tickets to every graduate who books to attend their ceremony and requests their guest tickets by the deadline of mid April. The confirmed deadline date for April 2015 is to be confirmed. Find out more about our guest ticket policy.
- The tickets will be available for graduates to collect from their college in June. Further details about this will be emailed to graduates at the end of May.
- Live screenings of ceremonies : If you don't have a ticket to the ceremony but would still like to join us on the day, you can watch the ceremony live on big screens in the nearby Faraday Lecture Theatres where the atmosphere is informal and no tickets are required. This venue is staffed and fully accessible with degree day programmes available on request.
- Please aim to arrive on campus two hours before the start of the ceremony. More on arrival by car and graduation parking and travelling to Lancaster from the UK and overseas.
- Please arrive at the Great Hall one hour before the ceremony. The graduating student you are accompanying will go to their lining up venue and you will be ushered to your seat.
- Please ensure that you are seated no later than 30 minutes before the start of your ceremony. If you arrive late we may reallocate your seat.
- About 15 minutes before the start of the ceremony, the graduate procession will enter the Hall.
- The entrance of the academic procession formally opens the ceremony which will last about an hour.
- If you are bringing children who may not be able to sit quietly, please be prepared to leave the auditorium if they become restless.
- We do permit guests to take photographs during the ceremony but please do not obstruct the view of those around you in doing so and remain seated at all times.
- Video cameras are not permitted in the Hall.
- Photography - Print and Photography at Lancaster University is the University’s official photography supplier. They offer professional portrait photography for graduates and their families.
- DVDs - Lancaster’s ceremonies are professionally recorded and you can purchase a DVD or Blu-Ray of your ceremony either on the day or online afterwards.
- Alumni - At the Alumni Information Stand you can find out more about our community of 100,000 Lancaster graduates, representing 150 different countries.