The PDR Conversation: Being a Reviewer
Is this course for me?
This session will provide PDR reviewers with the opportunity to develop the skills required for an effective PDR discussion, that benefits both the reviewee and the wider aims of your team. Topics covered include techniques for providing high quality feedback and how to create agree effective development plans.
The course covers: context; characteristics of effective PDR; overview of the PDR scheme and documentation; how the opportunity presented by PDR can be maximised; practical skills practice (including creating/setting meaningful objectives, providing high quality feedback, and creating/reviewing development plans).
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Gain agreement on objectives based on faculty, department and local plans, and performance requirements
- Describe the likely quantitative and qualitative measures required to monitor progress
- Demonstrate confidence in delivering high quality feedback
- Describe how development needs might be identified and fulfilled
- Feel confident in gaining agreement on the development activities to be undertaken
- Know how best to use the PDR review documentation and structure the review discussion
- Maximise the opportunity presented by PDR
For all documentation relating to PDR please click here
This programme can be delivered locally.
- 27/06/14 - 09.30-12.30
To find out more information or to book a place, please email the OED team direct.
Last updated 25/10/13 (JB)