Is this workshop for me?
Do you need a recap on the purpose of PDR and how to conduct it as a reviewer? If you are unclear about what a sensible objective looks like and how to measure progress against achieving it, or struggle to think about appropriate development options, then this workshop will be of benefit to you.This workshop will also provide colleagues with an opportunity to contribute to ongoing thinking about the future of the PDR process.
Providing a refresher for any colleague involved in the PDR process in response to the new People Strategy. You will have the opportunity to provide feedback on elements of the process that work well in your experience, together with those that need improvement.
- How to ensure that the PDR is a positive experience for the reviewer and the reviewee
- Examining what preparation is required to ensure a PDR meeting is successful
- Identifying how and where to set clear objectives and make them measurable
- Practising preparing and delivering both positive and negative feedback in a constructive way
- Putting together development plans that cover organisational, occupational and individual development needs
At the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of a PDR and outline their role within that process
- Set clear and measurable work objectives
- Use a structured framework for giving feedback constructively
For all documentation relating to PDR please click here
- 19/11/2015 - 13:30-16:30
- 26/02/2016 - 09:30-12:30
- 29/06/2016 - 09:30-12:30
Other relevant development:
To find out more information or to book a place, please email the OED team direct.
Last updated 22/10/15 (JB)