Recruiting the Best
Is this workshop for me?
This workshop is designed for recruiting managers, administrative staff supporting recruitment activities and any staff sitting on recruitment panels. Panel chairs should have undertaken this course in line with the university’s guidance on recruitment panel selection. Click here for more details. As legislation around recruitment is constantly changing we recommend that people attend at least every three years to insure full compliance.
This is a focused one day event where you will be able to apply your understanding of the Equality Act at it relates to the recruitment and selection process. The course will look at issues of unconscious bias and how we take positive action measures in line with university policy. We will evaluate the effectiveness of job descriptions and person specifications including how they link to advertising and effective shortlisting and candidate assessment. We will cover the key issues in planning for interviews, including competency based questioning techniques; stages in the decision making process and the actions that need to be taken following the interview.
At the end of the workshop you will:
- Have reviewed the application of the legal framework in the recruitment and selection process
- Understand the impact of unconscious bias and considered the steps that we can take to manage this
- Know how to implement positive action measures in line with University policies and procedures
- Understand the importance of clear Job Descriptions and Person Specifications and how they link to effective advertising, shortlisting and improve the quality of applications
- Be confident in the development and use of competency based questions in selection interviewing.
- Understand the importance of post interview actions in relation to the candidate experience
- 18/11/2016 - 09.30-16.30
- 17/02/2017 - 09.30-16.30 - this session is for those who have participated previously and just need an update on latest legislation and policies.
- 28/06/2017 - 09.30-16.30
Other relevant development:
To find out more information or to book a place, please email the OED team direct.
Last updated 03/08/2016 (JB)