Management Development Programme
This certificated programme is designed for practising middle managers and will help you to develop your skills, improve performance and prepare you for more senior management roles.
This programme is for you if you:
- Set objectives for teams and individuals
- Prioritise and plan workloads
- Manage performance
- Would like to increase team motivation
- Want to improve your communication skills
Results for participants:
- Use core management techniques to improve team results
- Develop your ability to lead, motivate and inspire
- Consider strategic leadership as well as day-to-day management
- Benchmark your managerial skills
- Raise your profile in the institution
- Build a network of contacts across the institution
- Obtain a recognised management qualification
The Management Development Programme has been developed to match institutional needs, by engaging managers in development activities that encourage strategic thinking to foster business improvement.
As the M.D.P. is a part-time in-service programme, we require confirmation from your Head of Department or line manager that they support your registration. It is important that this support recognises the time commitment required for successful completion of the M.D.P. and enables you to fully engage in the development sessions.
The programme runs over a 6 month period and includes the completion of two written reflective assignments. Successful completion of the programme and assignments leads to an Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) level 5 accredited award.
For application details and informal queries please contact Organisation & Educational Development OED direct.
Please ensure that you are available for all the programme dates before enrolling. If you would prefer to be considered for future cohorts please contact us so we can assess your application and inform you of future dates. The application assessment for the November 2015 cohort is now being undertaken, please ensure you submitted your application as soon as possible if you wish to be considered for this programme, as places are filling fast.
Management Essentials - additional workshops you may need to consider
- Managing Difficult Conversations
- Influencing Skills
- Recruiting the Best
- Budget Management
- Reviewing PDR
- Practical and effective performance management and development
- Health, safety and risk assessment and the role of a manager
- Information security and data protection
- Informal conflict resolution
- Promoting and managing health and wellbeing
On-line support guides for all managers:
- Managing People (Pansophix Online Guide)
- Dealing with Difficult Behaviour (Pansophix Online Guide)
- Effective Change (Pansophix Online Guide)
- Resolving Conflict (Pansophix Online Guide)
- Managing Teams (Pansophix Online Guide)
- Delegating (Pansophix Online Guide)
- Goal Setting(Pansophix Online Guide)
- Networking (Pansophix Online Guide)
- Being Influential (Pansophix Online Guide)
Next Steps:Once you have completed the Management Development Programme you may be considering what your next steps towards Leadership Roles might be, you can follow this link or contact the OED team directly for more information.
To find out more information or to book a place, please email the OED team direct.
Last updated 17/06/15 (JB)