Planning and Managing a Project - Workshop
Is this course for me?
If you are member of staff with responsibilities for planning, organising or monitoring projects, you should attend this course for a pragmatic look at project management.
Why is it that 70% of new projects based around changing something fail?
In the same way that 99% of New Year's resolutions also fail! Lack of structure, responsibility and planning. This course, hosted by Progress International, removes the uncertainty and lack of structure which dooms projects to fail and instead empowers managers and staff to deliver superb projects with long term business benefits.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe how a project differs from business as usual and can be used to deliver change in the organisation
- Support a project team throughout the stages of the project lifecycle
- Engage colleagues and stakeholders to ensure that a project is aligned to business needs and wider programmes and portfolios
- Effectively mitigate risks to a project
- Prepare a project for all assurance processes through effective planning, monitoring and reporting by selecting the correct project management tools
- 11/04/2014 - 09.30-16.30
To find out more information or to book a place, please email the OED team .Please take a look at the on-line support materials, tools and guides to support your development.
Last updated 04/03/14 (JB)