Career Alternatives for Researchers (RDF)
Is this course for me?
This will be of benefit if you are a researcher wanting to consider wider career choices beyond academic research.
The course covers: transferability - appreciating the skill sets in demand outside of the academic environment; resources for job searching; devising an effective job search strategy; career decision-making processes and practical exercises; and an overview of 'presentational' considerations when looking outside of the HE sector.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an appreciation of your wider options
- Identify sources where vacancies are advertised
- Develop a job search strategy
- Self evaluate your suitability for a variety of job vacancies prior to application
- Describe how you might review your skills and experience in order to re-present for different sectors.
- 22/05/14 - 09.30-12.30
Next Steps: On completion of this course you may be interested in attending:
To find out more information, or to book a place, please email the OED team direct.
Last updated 20/08/12 (SH)