Ethics in the University: Research and Other Issues (RDF)
Is this course for me?
Do you want to increase your awareness of research ethics, the processes for ethical approval or research buds and the broader ethical background of research and other work in the University? If yes, this course is for you.
The course uses case studies relevant to participants' interests and examines fundamental questions: what ethical issues should be considered in planning and conducting research? When does the research require ethical approval? What can ethical considerations tell us about the proper role of research: what can ethical considerations tell us about the role of universities in society?
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand why ethical considerations can affect research
- How to reflect them appropriately in research design
- Identify Lancaster University procedures relevant to ethical approval for research proposals
- Feel confident in using these procedures
- Reflect productively on the ethical background to university work.
To find out more information or to book a place, please email the OED team direct.
Last updated 20/08/12 (SH)