Intellectual Property for Researchers and Academics (RDF)
Is this course for me?
Ideal if you are a researcher or academic interested in understanding IPR and the University's support and policies relating to IPR. This will also be of use if your research is of commercial interest.
Topics covered in the course include: an introduction to IPR; patents, trademarks, copyrights; University policy and support relating to IPR and research; and Lancaster IP case studies and scenarios
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the principles of IP
- Describe the difference between patents, trademarks and copyrights
- Be aware of legal requirements relating to IPR and research at the University
- Describe what University support is available for IP relating to research of potential commercial value.
There are currently no more dates scheduled for this academic year, to have your name put on a waiting list please email the OED team direct.
Next Steps: On completion of this course you may be interested in attending:
- Any course with RDF in the title
Last updated 20/08/12 (SH)