We require you to put your payroll/employee number on all correspondence sent to payroll. This is a unique six digit number that can be found against 'Personnel No.' in the 'Details' box towards the bottom left of your payslip. ANY CORRESPONDENCE WITHOUT THE PAYROLL/EMPLOYEE NUMBER MAY BE RETURNED TO SENDER.
- Online Payslips
- New employees/Rejoiner information
- Pay dates
- Pension Information
- Tax Information
- Timescales for payroll processing
- Useful contacts/Information
- Change of Bank Details
- Claim Form - Employees paid on submission of timesheet
- Overtime claim form and Additional Payment Form
- Bank details on a signed form
- A recent P45 or a personal details form
- A completed pension form if applicable
- January 2016 Pensions Tax Presentation
- Agenda for upcoming "Preparing for Retirement Workshop"
- Pension Information for the upcoming "Preparing for Retirement Workshop"
- Universities' Superannuation Scheme
- Pension Calculator Pension Guide
- New - Universitiesí Superannuation Scheme (USS) website
- Summary of the agreed USS scheme changes (Aug 2015)
- USS Presentation - video (25 March 2015)
- Email Update (20 January 2015)
- FAQs - What do the proposed USS reforms mean for me? (29 January 2015)
- A Summary for USS members - The proposal for reform of the USS (29 January 2015)
- UUK Statement on USS reform (15 January 2015)
- USS Benefit Modeller - Calculate your potential pension
- USS Website
- UUK Website
- Employers Pensions Forum Website
- University and College Union Website (UCU)
- FAQs - What do the potential proposed USS reforms mean for me? (15 January 2015)
- A Summary for USS members - The potential joint proposal for reform of the USS
- Industrial Action Information (November 2014)
- Employer Proposals for the Reform of USS
- Commentary on the Proposed changes to USS
- Proposed Changes - Generic Examples
- Member Communication Log
- Current consultation on Technical Provisions and Recovery Plan (Universities UK document)
- Current consultation on Technical Provisions and Recovery Plan (USS document)
- Changes to USS - Myths, Misconceptions and Misunderstandings (Employers Pensions Forum for Higher Education)
- UUK Statement on UCU proposals to reform USS (7 November 2014)
- The rising costs of HE pensions
- Response from Lancaster University to the USS Technical Provisions consultation
- Draft Senate Minute
- Letter from USS (23 December 2014)
- An integrated approach to scheme funding - a summary for members
- 2014 Formal Valuation: Information for members
If this is your first employment at Lancaster University, you will need to supply the Payroll Office with the following information, before we will pay you:
YOU MUST ALSO VISIT HR AND SIGN THE ACCEPTANCE SLIP ON YOUR CONTRACT IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE SO.back to top
If you have previously worked at the University but have left or had a break in employment, you must supply the Payroll Office with the above information again as your payroll record may have been ended.
Groups A & S (Grades 7 and above and Variable Hours Staff)
Monthly deadline for receipt of all pay claims, personal and bank detail changes, and any other variable input is 15th of each month.
(we will advise any alterations to this for Easter/Xmas etc.)
Pay date = 28th or the Friday before if this falls on a weekend / bank holiday
Groups C & M (Support and Manual Staff)
Monthly deadline for all overtime claims, personal/bank detail changes and other variable data (union subs etc.) = 4th of each month.
Pay date = 15th or the Friday before if this falls on a weekend / Bank holidayback to top
|Month||Pay Date Groups C and M||Pay Date Groups A, S and T|
The tax year runs from 6th April to the 5th April of the following year. Tax is calculated and deducted monthly on your wages. Below is a brief explanation of tax in the UK, based on yearly earnings.
The personal tax free earnings allowance for the current tax year 16/17 is £11,000. The standard tax code is 1100L. There are currently three rates of income tax 20% on the first £32,000 of taxable pay, 40% on income £32,001 up to £150,000 and 45% on income above £150,000 Taxable pay is usually your earnings less your contribution to the occupational pension scheme ( including AVC's paid through salary).
HMRC (Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs) will send you a coding notice if your tax code is different to the standard personal allowance code detailing how your tax code is arrived at.
HMRC Tax Enquiries Tel: 0300 200 3300
Please note, HMRC do not communicate by email. If you receive an email from 'HMRC' notifying you of a tax refund or any other message, please delete it immediately. The message will be a scam. Contact the Payroll Office if you are unsure as to what to do.back to top
Employers are now required to automatically enrol their workers onto a qualifying pension scheme. The University has reviewed the implications and made changes from 1st April 2013. Further information is available here.
LGPSback to top
Student Loan Enquiries: Student Loans Company Limited 100 Bothwell Street Glasgow G2 7JD Tel: 0300 100 0609
USS Pension: USS Limited 2nd Floor Royal Liver Building Liverpool L3 1PY Tel: 0151 227 4711
LGPS Pension Your Pension Services Po Box 100 County Hall Preston PR1 0LD Tel: 0300 123 6717 AskPensions@lancashire.gov.uk
National Insurance Enquiries Tel: 0845 600 0643
HMRC Tax Enquiries Tel: 0300 200 3300
Lancaster University's PAYE reference is: 065/L11408back to top
Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information in these pages, we wish to emphasise that the contents contained are regularly reviewed and are naturally subject to change from time to time as required. It is the responsibility of the user/reader to check the accuracy of relevant facts with the appropriate department before entering any financial or other commitment based upon them.back to top
Review Date Jun 2014