The role of line manager or supervisor is increasingly important in the changing University environment. This vital role is the link between middle management and individuals. Balancing the needs of; the institution, faculty, department, service, team and individual. Helping each achieve its goals.
First-line supervisors and ‘new to line management’ programmeWho should attend:
Everyone who has line management responsibility - whether new into the role, or wanting a refresher
• Communicating and influencing
• Strategic thinking
• People management
• Leading enterprise and innovation
• Change management
Upon leaving the course participants should be able to:
• Review their current effectiveness in communicating and influencing team members
• Articulate the skills of an effective manager
• Help individuals and teams deal with uncertainty
• Describe steps to increase motivation
• Adopt a strategic approach to problem-solving
• Monitor performance and give constructive feedback to team members
The roles of supervisors and line managers can vary depending on the kind of contract you have, so it is worth checking explicitly, what your management responsibilities are. They can go from just signing holiday forms and checking someone is ok, to a full blown management role. You may find that some of the links and further information below are not relevant to your role and responsibilities.
Please contact OED, (ext. 10623), for more information.
Support notes and useful information
Course handouts - these are not designed to stand alone, just as an aide memoire for those who attend the sessions
If you would like further help and support please contact: Jean Bennett ext. 10628