Induction - Welcome to Lancaster
Is this course for me?
If you are a new starter you will be invited to attend this course as part of your induction. All new staff are required to attend within 3 months of starting.
This is an interactive and informative event designed to help new starters meet key contacts and identify where to go for further information. It will include an introduction to the University; the past, the present and the future vision of the University; governance and management structures; key policies; essential health and safety information; and, services and support systems for staff.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Appreciate the core aspirations and priorities of the University
- Understand how your role can contribute towards the goals of the University
- Understand the University’s key organisational and decision-making structures
- Contribute toward a safe, inclusive campus environment
- Describe how to access a range of internal services and support systems for staff
How to book
You will receive an invitation shortly after you join the University, however, if you have not received anything 2 weeks after your start date then please contact the OED team
- 10/03/14 - 09.30-13.00
- 08/05/14 - 09.30-13.00
- 01/07/14 - 09.30-13.00
- 27/08/14 - 09.30-13.00
- Induction into new Departments & Sections
- Departmental Induction Checklist
- Safety Induction Checklist
- Induction - Welcome to Lancaster
- Information for New Staff - FAQs and Induction/Orientation Handbook
- links page
Last updated 29/08/13 (Sarah Harris)
Review Date Aug 2014