Equality Analysis introduction
The University has embarked on a process of undertaking Equality Analysis as an integral part of the development and review of all new and existing policies and practices. The purpose of Equality Analysis is to assess the impact of our policies and practices on students, staff, and others in order to eliminate discrimination and advance equality.
Equality Analysis Workshops
Equality Analysis workshops are available to anyone who is or will be undertaking Equality Analysis work. The format is flexible according to need, ranging from introductory briefing through to detailed guidance to help you complete your Equality Analyses. Workshops can be arranged for individuals or teams.
If you and/or your team would like to attend a Workshop, or ask for advice, please contact Rob Kemp
Equality Analysis procedure and guidance
Please complete the Equality Analysis Report Form and draw from the associated guidance shown below
- EA Report Form - REVISED 20 JANUARY 2014 (amendments highlighted)
- Equality Analysis software accessibility checklist
- Example EA - Heating policy
- EA gathering evidence (for Section 3 of the Report Form)
- Public diversity profile of University staff 2012-13
- Public diversity profile of University students 2006-2011
- Student data available internally from Planning Support Unit
If you have any further questions about Equality Analysis: contact Equality & Diversity
Review Date Nov 2014