|Postgraduates||Microsoft Exchange||Email system for postgraduates - Outlook Web App(OWA) is the default client for accessing your exchange email.|
|Undergraduates||Office 365||All undergraduates have an Office 365 account.|
|Staff||Microsoft Exchange||Email system for all staff - Outlook 2007 & 2010 are defaults used to access Microsoft Exchange|
|All||Push Email||Push mail on a mobile device, e.g. Smartphone|
Student email has changed.
All undergraduate students at Lancaster University now use Microsoft Office 365. Login requires your standard University IT account credentials.
Spam, Phishing Attacks and Viruses continue to be an issue:
- Spam - dealing with Spam (and dealing with 'Spam deluges').
- False Spam - dealing with messages wrongly marked as Spam.
- Banned File Extensions - list of banned file extensions for attachments.
- Threat Watch - list of current email Phishes, scams and other threats.
- Mail List Advice - local distribution list and large group restrictions.
- Guidance - how to avoid accidental data disclosure.
- Email Policies - 'Abusive Email' and 'Spam' policies.
- Code of Conduct - the code of conduct for users of computers at Lancaster University.
Email Conventions and Netiquette
The University has various conventions about writing email messages:
- Netiquette - writing good email messages.
- Email Conventions - Lancaster University conventions for writing emails.
Quota and Busy Mailboxes
About mail 'quotas' and managing a busy mailbox.
- Home Access - accessing your University email remotely from home and other locations.
ISS runs a mail server that enables people to manage their own mailing lists:
- Mailing Lists - how to use mailing lists, and restrictions to local distribution lists.
- Majordomo Mailing Lists - the University 'Majordomo' email distribution lists.