Majordomo Explosion Lists can be used to:
- send email to members of the list whose email addresses can be in any system, on or off-campus.
- send email from the list owner's address to all the members of the list.
- send email from any list member to all the members of the list.
- send email from a group of addresses to all the members of the list.
To aquire a Majordomo list, send a request to the ISS Service Desk with:
- the proposed name of your list.
- the owners' Lancaster University e-mail address.
- a short description of the list.
A Majordomo mailing list will be set-up by the Service Desk or, in certain cases, by the email team. The Majordomo list will normally become avaialble for use the following day.
Managing Majordomo lists
You can manage Majordomo lists by sending commands by email to the Majordomo server.
- Majordomo Mail Explosion lists - help about Majordomo lists.