All staff and Postgraduates are entitled to a Microsoft Exchange email account
The Terms and Conditions of the email service listed here are covered by the Computer User Agreement (CUA), Appendix C in the Rules of the University. As a member of the University you have agreed to these rules, and by doing so, have thereby agreed to these Terms and Conditions. Should any conflict occur between any of these agreements, the most restrictive conditions will apply.
Suspension/Termination of Email Accounts:
Your use of the email service may be suspended or terminated if you use it to:
- break the law;
- let anyone else use your account;
- breach University rules;
- send unsolicited messages (“Spam”) – whether done deliberately by you, or through your account being used by others (e.g. if your account is compromised by you inadvertently providing your details in response to a phishing email);
- disrupt, or attempt to disrupt the email service in any way.
Monitoring of the Service & Use of Personal Information:
- ISS monitor some aspects of the email service in order to be able to maintain the quality and security of the service delivered. Such monitoring reports on the service as a whole and would only focus on individual use if irregular activity was highlighted and considered to be in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- The contents of individual emails are not monitored by ISS. In very exceptional circumstances (such as for legal purposes) a request may be made to ISS to provide access to your email in your absence. Such permission can only be granted by the Director of ISS or their representative. This process is closely audited by the University Secretariat.
- The email addresses of all users of the Exchange service are published in Lancaster University global address lists. All users of Lancaster University mail systems will appear in, and have access to all LU global address lists.