Your H: Drive Folder Number
Before you can connect your H:drive you need your number. If you don't know your folder number, follow the link below:
Connecting to H:Drive
If your H:drive is not connected to your PC, you can 'map' (connect) H: drive by doing the following:
- Win Vista click on 'Start' button then 'Computer' option - see 'My Computer' window.
Win XP click on 'Start' button then 'My Computer' option - see 'My Computer' window as below:
- Win Vista click on the 'Map Network Drive' button - see 'Map Network Drive' dialog.
Win XP click on 'Tools' menu then 'Map Network Drive' option - see dialog as below:
- drop the 'Drive' list and select: H:
- next to 'Folder' type:
- ensure that the 'Reconnect at Logon' box is ticked.
- click 'Finish' button**.
* if you don't know your folder number - follow: Find Folder Number.
** if you are prompted for a username and password use lancs\username (replace username with your own username), and your windows logon password.
Note External users e.g. VPN, ResNet, Wireless - follow the link if you have problems connecting the H: drive using the instructions above. Problems can occur when using the following or combinations of the following:
- using non-Windows XP systems e.g. Windows Vista.
- the wireless network.
- the Virtual Private Network.
Disconnecting an Old Drive
If you wish to disconnect a network drive:
- click on 'Start' button then 'My Computer' option - 'My Computer' window open.
- right click on the network drive - see pop-up menu.
- (left) click on the 'Disconnect' option.