Information Security training
Information is data that has meaning. Information has a value, not necessarily monetary, but the ability to help us make sound decisions.
Information can come in many forms - such as verbal, electronic or paper based and it is important to realise that information must be appropriately protected when it is:
- in use
- being transferred
- being stored
Not keeping information secure and accurate can have a huge cost – not just in terms of money but also in terms of reputation and resources.
This online training will look at:
- Keeping information secure
- Data Protection and Computer Misuse legislation
- Lancaster University information classifications
- Processes for information security
- Other legislation
- Dealing with a suspected breach