About: Software Catalogue
The Software Catalogue displays a list of major software used at Lancaster University. The licences for the software packages vary from package to package:
To help you find the software title you require the Software Catalogue can be customised in various ways. Software titles can be searched for, and 'active headings' can used to focus the list.
Search - the titles & descriptions of the Software Titles can be searched using words you supply.
Active Headings - you can use 'drop down' lists in the heading to limit the number of titles displayed to a specific type e.g. Mac software.
L E G E N D
- Software Title - the name of the software package (plus a comment).
- AppJ» - you can use Application Jukebox to launch the application.
- SaaS» - click to launch the online web application in your broswer.
- ELMS» - software is available as a special 'deal' from the ELMS online shop.
- Training - links to training oportunities:
Training» - follow link to book ISS training sessin(s).
ELearning» - interactive online tutorials OR YouTube videos.
Vendor» - training material provided by the vendor or manufacturer.
- Student and/or Staff - indicates if available to Students or Staf or Students & Staff.
- Platform - the platform e.g. Windows, Mac, Linux, for which the software is available.
- Category - the type of software e.g. Statistical, numerical, Productivity, Utility.
- Restricted To - Software is available only to the groups indicated.
Clicking on a 'Software Title', more detailed information about the title:
- Licence - details of the type of licence.
- Available in/on - details of where the software is available e.g. PC Labs, Support Windows 7 Build.
- Install Instructions - if the software is available for installation on persenal computers, a like to a page of install instructions is available.
- Licence Codes - if the software requires licence codes a link is provided to a list of codes.
If you have any comment about the 'Software' web pages, please contact Dave Bleasdale - d.bleasdale @ the usual address.
| Return to Software Catalogue |