MATLAB is a package for matrix algebra and many other numerical applications.
MATLAB runs on campus PCs, Macs, the High End Computing cluster and on your home PC/Mac via VPN. To pick up a University license you must must be connected to CENT 1 (IUS - Interactive UNIX Service).
General Information :
- The current version of MATLAB is R2012b - and the latest version of MATLAB is R2013a.
- The MATLAB licence allows staff and students to use the software only whilst connected to the campus network (including ResNet, VPN and WiNet).
- MATLAB is available for Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 (recommended) and Mac OS X (Snow Leopard and Lion).
A Linux version is available but is not supported by ISS.
- | MATLAB Toolbox Availability | - MATLAB has a number of 'Toolboxes'. Follow the link for a full list of licenced MATLAB Toolboxes and a 'live' availability status display.
- The software has an inbuilt help system.
- The MathWorks provide a wealth of on-line information about MATLAB and SIMULINK.
- For problems with installing the software (including licensing issues), contact the ISS Service Desk.
- How to Install MATLAB - follow link for the instructions for downloading and installing MATLAB (on LancasterAnswers).