Updating Virus Definitions
Getting the Latest Virus Definitions
To get the latest Virus Definitions you can either:
- take a CD R to ISS Service Desk in the Learning Zone and you will be given CD R containing the latest Virus Definitions.
- or download the Virus Definitions from the network (see below).
You can download the latest Norton 'Virus Definitions' by doing the following:
- take a CD R (or othe media such as a Zip disk) to a PC with a CD writer (or Zip drive).
- browse to http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/defs.download.html
- ensure that 'English' is selected.
- ensure that 'Norton AntiVirus 9x/me/NT/2000/XP' is selected.
- click on the 'Download Updates' button.
- save the file to your desktop.
- copy the file to your media (CD R, CD RW or Zip Disk).
- take your media and insert it into your stand alone PC.
- double click on the file from the media and follow instructions.