Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 - Running SEP
Tip - you can start SEP 11 by double cliclking on its system tray icon.
- click 'Start' button, then 'All Programs', then 'Symantec Endpoint Protection Corporate Edition', then 'Symantec Endpoint Protection Corporate Edition' (again!).
- click on 'Scan for Threats' (in the left menu) - see screen as below.
- for a quick scan of the most likely place click on the 'Active Scan' button
for a complete scan of your hard disk click on the 'Full Scan' button - see files being scanned.
- if SEP 11 finds a virus, you will see a box similar to below:
- if SEP 11 finds a virus or other threat contact the ISS Service Desk on x10987.
- ensure Memory Stick is in a USB socket or Drive is connected.
- click 'Start' button, 'All Programs', then 'Symantec Endpoint Protection Corporate Edition' option then 'Symantec Endpoint Protection Corporate Edition' program.
- click 'Scan for threats' (left-hand menu) - see list of scans.
- click 'Create a New Scan' option - see 'Create New Scan' dialog.
- select 'Custom Scan;' then click 'Next' button - see 'Select Folders and Files' dialog.
- select your 'removal disk' - see tick against it then click 'Next' button - see 'Scan Options'.
- click 'Next' button - see 'When To Scan' dialog.
- click on the 'On Demand' option then click 'Next' button - see Scan Name Dialog.
- type: (name) Drive then click 'Finish' button - see list of Scan ans (again)
- RIGHT click on '(Name) Drive' text then click on 'Scan Now' option - see scan progress.
Note - unless you configure SEP, SEP 11 scans the memory and 'key locations on C: drive BEFORE scanning your Memory Stick. If you think you have an active virus - this is the most secure method of scanning your memory stick.
Configuring SEP 11 NOT to Scan Memory and Key Locations
- RIGHT click on '(Name) Drive' text then click on 'Edit' option - (scan name) properties dialog.
- click on the 'Scan Options' tab.
- Select/Deselect 'Memory', 'Common infection locations' and 'Well-known virus and security risk locations' as required.
- click OK, then right click on the 'Scan Name' and select 'Scan Now' to run the new scan.
Please report any problems to ISS Service Desk