On this page you will find a collection of on-line demonstrations and text based tutorials from Microsoft Learning web sites. Demonstrations are best viewed using Internet Explorer. Some videos take time to download. If you do not see the video, click the link for 'How to do it (text version)' below the video.
- Up to speed with Word 2010
- Make the switch from Word 2003 to Word 2010
- Interactive Guide - Word 2003 to 2010 (click 'Open Word Guide' from this link)
- Beginners guide to Word 2010 - Basic tasks
- Using Word to open/save a document in OpenDocument (.odt) Text Format
- Footnotes and Endnotes
- Tables of contents
- Add captions and insert table of figures
- Index and index marks
- Word count
- Smart Art - create a graphic
- Smart Art descriptions
- Smart Art or Chart - which to use?
- Smart Art Videos - create and format different Smart Art diagrams
- Mail Merge to create and print letters and other documents (e.g. emails)
- Labels mail merge for mass mailing
- Introducing Backstage
- Overview of Print and Print Preview in Word 2010 (video)
- Overview of Print and Print Preview in Word 2010
- Saving a document
- Save as an earlier version
- Save as PDF
- Password protect document
- Auto Correct options
- Word Options
- Customising the Ribbon
- I Clicked the File Tab - Where is my document?
More Word 2010 Help and How To demo's and guides are available online from Microsoft. Very Useful. You will need sound on your computer for the video demo's.
Last updated: 04.01.11