Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
The Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certificate demonstrates that you have specialist skills in using Microsoft applications.
What is Microsoft Office Specialist Certification (MOS)?
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification is a recognised industry standard qualification. Having a MOS certificate on your CV, shows that you have the expertise to use Microsoft applications well, and gives you a competitive edge in the workplace. As a member of Lancaster University, you can self-study the modules at your own pace and take the exam before 26 September 2014. Each of the modules are around 40 learning hours and there is a separate exam for each (Word, Excel, etc.).
- MOS Office Specialist - Candidates must pass any one of the following Specialist exams: Excel Core 2010, Outlook 2010, PowerPoint 2010, Word Core 2010
- Microsoft Office Expert - Candidates must pass any one of the following Expert exams: Word Expert 2010, Excel Expert 2010
- Microsoft Office Master - Candidates must pass all four required exams: Word Expert 2010, Excel Expert 2010, PowerPoint 2010, Outlook 2010
Please note: Registration for MOS is only available on MS Office 2010 for Windows and not on any other versions or other operating systems. Expert 2010 levels assume completion of Core 2010 levels or equivalent knowledge and experience. GMetrix (practice exam software) uses the Office 2010 applications to run the practice exams, therefore you will need to have access to these applications when you install the software.
How much does it cost?
The current discounted fee is £12.50 for students and £25 for staff per module. No refund is available. Each module includes eBook, access to GMetrix practice exam software and one attempt at the Microsoft Office exam (exam to be taken at Lancaster University by Friday 26th September, 2014).
- If you fail your discounted exam, you can register again and resit the exam at the discounted fee
- All exams have to be taken before Friday 26 September 2014 (final registration 15:30)
- Special offer: one FREE exam re-sit per person while stocks last! You have to wait at least 24 hours before taking a re-sit on the first failed attempt. Then at least 48 hours for any consequent re-sit.
How do I study and take the exam?
The certification route is generally a 4-stage process:
1. Register and pay for your chosen MOS qualification
- MOS qualifications are only available to students and staff at Lancaster University
- Please register using your Lancaster University email address for your registration to be valid - you shall receive an email from us with all instructions within 5 working days
- If you are a staff member and wish to register using Journal Transfer - please email email@example.com for further instructions
2. Self-study using provided electronic training guides and GMetrix exam preparation software
3. Attend an exam pre-assessment workshop (optional)
4. Book a MOS Exam slot and take a task-based invigilated exam which typically lasts 60 minutes - the exam results will be displayed on screen immediately on completing the exam
If you wish to discuss if MOS is suitable for you, or for any further information, please contact the trainers at iss-training