Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
The Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certificate demonstrates that you have specialist skills in using Microsoft applications.
As a member of Lancaster University, you can self-study one or more MOS qualifications at your own pace. Each are a qualification in their own right. The qualifications available in Microsoft Office 2010 are:
- Excel Expert
- Word Expert
Each qualification is around 40 learning hours. Expert level assumes completion of a previous level, or equivalent knowledge and experience. Exams to be taken before 29 September 2015.
Please note: Registration for MOS is only available on Microsoft Office 2010 for Windows and not on any other versions or other operating systems.
How much does it cost?
The current discounted fee is £15.00 for students and £28.00 for staff per qualification. This includes eBook, GMetrix practice exam software and one attempt at the exam (exam is non-transferable and can only be taken in the designated exam room on campus at Lancaster University by 29th September 2015). No refund is available.
- The PC that you are using to access GMetrix will need to have the Microsoft Office 2010 applications installed
- All exams (including resits) have to be taken before 29 September, 2015
- One FREE resit exam per person (subject to availability)
- You have to wait at least 24 hours before taking a resit on the first failed attempt
- For any consequent resit you have to wait at least 48 hours (fees apply)
How do I study and take the exam?
1. Register and pay for your chosen MOS qualification
- MOS qualifications are only available to students and staff of Lancaster University
- Please register using your Lancaster University email address for your registration to be valid - you shall receive an email from us with all instructions within 5 working days
- If you are a staff member and wish to register using Journal Transfer - please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions
2. Self-study using provided electronic training guides and GMetrix practice exam software
3. Attend a MOS revision session (optional)
4. Book a MOS Exam slot and take a task-based invigilated exam which typically lasts 60 minutes - on completion the exam results are displayed immediately on screen
If you wish to discuss if MOS is suitable for you, or for any further information, please contact the trainers at iss-training