IT training sessions for students
The following IT training sessions are available to Lancaster University students and are FREE of charge. All sessions require submitting an online booking request.
Sessions take place in a designated room on the Lancaster University campus and are delivered using Microsoft Office and on a Windows PC (unless otherwise stated).
Training sessions are aimed at beginner to intermediate level users and are repeated each term. Please see the relevant 'Show Details' link for session content.
- Places are limited
- We ask that you only submit a booking request if you know you will be available to attend
- Submitting a booking request does not secure a place
- If you have been allocated a place, you will receive a confirmation email
- If you do not receive confirmation of a place please do not attend
- Further sessions may be added subject to demand and this page will update accordingly
- Fully booked - you can still submit a booking request and your details will be added to the waiting list; if a place becomes available you will be emailed confirmation
ePortfolios: An Introduction to MaharaView session content
Introduction to EndNote Web - reference manager and writing solution
Introduction to SPSS
Mind Mapping with Mindjet
Wonders of Word
Producing Presentations (using PowerPoint)
Perfect Posters (using PowerPoint)
Introduction to Paint.NET
Introduction to Read&Write
We welcome any comments to help improve our service.
Do you need help with specific features in Word, Excel or PowerPoint? Don't forget, ISS are in the Learning Zone (Alexandra Square) and can help with your Word, Excel or PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 queries. Alternatively you can get answers to your IT questions and problems online at any time using LancasterAnswers