Dr Kayode AkintolaLecturer in International Commercial Law
Research interests cover a range of transnational commercial law issues, including:
- Sustainable financing of companies and the impacts of company-security law on financing structures and corporate insolvency outcomes;
- Creation of effective secured transactions and coroporate insolvency regimes;
- Utilisation of proprietary interests in commercial transactions;
- Regulation of corporate behaviour through corporate control and corporate governance structures; and
- Resolution of commercial disputes through alternative dispute resolution mechanisms, particularly international arbitration.
1. Principles of Commercial Law (LLB)
2. Insolvency Law (LLM)
Liquidator's Appointment in Voluntary Winding Up: Can we validly dispense with floating charge notice?
Akintola, K. 26/06/2018 In: International Company and Commercial Law Review.
Goode and Gullifer on Legal Problems of Credit and Security Sixth Edition
Akintola, K. 16/01/2018 In: Journal of Business Law.
The proposed preferential priority of prepaying consumers: a fair pack of insolvency recommendations?
Akintola, K. 2018 In: Journal of Business Law. 2018, 1, p. 1-14. 14 p.
The prescribed part for unsecured creditors: a pithy review
Akintola, K. 5/05/2017 In: Insolvency Intelligence. 30, 4, p. 55-58. 4 p.
What is left of the floating charge?
Akintola, K. 24/04/2015
What is left of the floating charge?: an empirical outlook
Akintola, K. 2015 In: Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law. 30, 7
Law Commission (External organisation)
Membership of committee
London School of Economics & Political Science
Visiting an external academic institution
Secured Transactions Law Reform Project (External organisation)
Member of an organisation
Insolvency Lawyers' Association Annual Conference
Participation in conference
Winner, Insolvency Lawyers' Association Academic Forum Competition
Prize (including medals and awards)