Refugee and Asylum Law: Theory, Policy and Practice
This stream welcomes papers that focus on any issues relating to the theory, policy and practice of refugee and asylum law at an international or national level. In view of the current global refugee crises, and the apparent failure of the “international community” to address the problems confronting millions of asylum seekers and refugees, papers that address the following are particularly welcome:
- Conceptualising asylum and refugee protection
- The role of law in achieving or diminishing (access to) protection
- The role of the UNHCR and NGOs in refugee protection
- Regional protection regimes and access to asylum
- The search for durable solutions
- Future challenges for asylum and refugee protection
Please feel free to contact the stream organiser with any enquiries about the stream.
There is no restriction on methodology and, in line with the interdisciplinary nature of the SLSA, papers are welcome from any academic background.
Abstracts may only be submitted via the Easy Chair Platform. They must be no longer than 300 words and should include your title, name and institutional affiliation and your email address for correspondence.
The deadline for submissions is Monday 18th January 2016.