Lancaster University Law Society
Our Student Law Society offers a range of extra-curricular activities as well as a platform from which members can launch their careers.
The Society runs a series of events and competitions and acts in collaboration with local institutions. The extra-curricular activities on offer will help to make any aspiring professional stand out from the crowd, no matter the profession.
The Society runs a number of events including:
- An in-house Mooting Competition with questions set by both the Society and lecturers and judged by local solicitors, barristers and judges. The Society also participates in the inter-varsity, Lawyers Aware competition.
- A Negotiation Competition which is judged by local lawyers, for those students with a more commercial focus.
- Careers events on offer throughout the year, of which the main two are the careers fair and the annual career dinner. Both events offer fantastic opportunities for students to network with prospective employers from a variety of law firms from around the country.
- Pro-bono activities, which include events and competitions for schools.
- The Law Society also runs a football and a netball team, both of which compete in the university leagues, as well as against teams from Law firms.
- Regular socials are organised including the annual Law Ball, a summer BBQ to celebrate the end of exams and the annual overseas trip which in previous years has visited Berlin, Barcelona and Amsterdam.