The group was established to:
- Help enable Lancaster Environment centre as an institution and community to put sustainability into action
- Engage with the wider University on sustainability
- Act as a forum and platform for debate on sustainability issues
There are six main areas within its scope:
- Capital investment and infrastructure projects
- Energy use and consumption
Projects and Events
- How to be sustainable launch event held on 22nd November 2017.
- No Impact Week environmental detox - group members took on the challenge of living a low impact lifestyle during autumn 2017.
- LEC 2050 Travel Week - How big is the sustainability challenge that lies ahead for travel, and what does this mean for the way we live and work? In spring 2018 the team conducted an interactive experiment to try to find out using an online calculator that can be found here.
- LEC 2050 Food Week - a week of lunchtime activities organised aimed at sparking debate and generating action on issues relating to food sustainability and our campus. These activities are open to all.
- Monday 29th Oct 2018: Pop-up Plastics Café – Are plastics fantastic or drastic for sustainability?
- Tuesday 30th Oct 2018: Food pledge-maker @ Lancaster Autumn Food Festival Market
- Wednesday 31st Oct 2018: Sustainable food futures - An N8 Agri-Food Research Networking Lunch
- Friday 2nd Nov 2018: Lunchtime Quiz
Contact and Connect with the Team
Engagement and ideas from undergraduate and postgraduate students, staff and colleagues is very welcome!
Please contact group lead Dr Jessica Davies or any of the Steering Team below.
Everyone is welcome to join in with the LEC 2050 Week series through the Twitter hashtag #LEC2050week. (NB you don't need a Twitter account to view the content)