Office Space and Residencies
Our award winning buildings enable global high-tech, knowledge intensive businesses to co-locate onto the Lancaster University campus and work alongside our cutting-edge researchers in a unique collaborative environment. Businesses can also join and network with our established local, regional, national and international business communities and tap into a broad range of expertise, support, training and resources on site.
Benefits of Co-location
Renting offices and integrating all or part of a business onto the campus enables faster business growth by providing easier access to our research, knowledge, events, training and facilities.
Each business is allocated a relationship manager to match the business to the appropriate skills and facilities they need.
We welcome international companies and work closely with the United Kingdom Trade & Investment (UKTI), the government organisation that helps businesses locate in the UK and grow internationally.
Co-location enables seconded staff and their businesses to embed themselves within the heart of the LEC community. Company staff, academics and research groups are able to interact on a day-to-day basis, co-design new opportunities and have direct access to the EBP team who work to fund collaborative activities.
Lancaster University’s parkland campus is situated on the outskirts of the beautiful and historic city of Lancaster, Lancashire. Lancashire is in the Northwest of England and has a large and diverse economy consisting of a strong mix of over 35,000 registered companies representing all sectors of the UK economy. Lancaster University is a truly global university, with over 12,000 students from over 120 countries. Our community extends far beyond the Northwest with research, teaching and student exchange partnerships with leading universities and institutions in 24 countries around the world from China to Brazil.
Business benefits in detail
Access to world class research
- One of the top 3 environmental science departments in the UK
Opportunities to access public funds for collaborative R&D
- Enhance and develop current services and products
- Access to high quality university staff and students
Opportunities to partner with the University in the delivery of training
- Access to modern training facilities
- Potential accreditation of course provision by the University
- Partnership on collaborative bids to develop training
Access to international markets
- Become a partner in one of several international collaborative programmes
- Dedicated access to business support for overseas trade
Access to the wider LEC community
Collaboration with other LEC companies
- Access to expertise within the Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
- Annual events programme with company breakfast meetings
- Dedicated relationship management to optimise opportunities
Access to the wider university community through LEC contacts
- Access to support from our international Management School
- Access to significant social sciences expertise
- Access to InfoLab21 – the NW centre for ICT expertise
Access to high quality graduates
- Opportunities for student placements throughout the year
- Assisted recruitment of graduates into your business
Soft landing package for office accommodation
- Tailor-made deals to fit your specific collaborative arrangements