Our award winning buildings enable environmental businesses to co-locate onto the Lancaster University campus and work alongside our cutting-edge researchers in a unique collaborative environment. Base your entire company on campus, just your R&D staff, or take a hot desk when you need it. Access funding for R&D, extra resources, world class expertise and facilities, to give your business a competitive edge.
Lancaster Environment Centre (LEC) has a long and successful history of working with micro, small and medium enterprise, and large organisation such as Waitrose, Unilever plc, United Utilities plc. We welcome both local and international environmental businesses. We have invested £35M in our buildings and facilities during the past decade, housed more than 50 companies since 2007, and worked with over 1000 small and medium enterprises (SMEs) since 2005, supporting them with European Regional Development Funds in excess of £18.5M.
Resident Engagement Support Programme - up to 50% discount on office rental rates
Companies based in InfoLab21 and the Lancaster Environment Centre can now apply for up to 50% discount off office rental rates, depending on their level of engagement with the university each year.
Visit the Resident Engagememnt Support Programme web page
Why host your business in the Environment Centre?
- Our facilities for business are the best of their kind, our office spaces were highlighted as an exemplar in a government report on universities-businesses interactions
- Lancaster University is ranked in the top 10 for interactions with SMEs
- Proven track record of success- over 1000 SMEs assisted and over 50 businesses housed in LEC since 2007
- Flexible and bespoke accommodation package with the option of hot desks or office space with room sizes ranging from for 2 -10 people
- Extensive state of the art research laboratories and R&D facilities
- Access to world class research in plant and crop sciences, ecology and conservation, earth sciences, atmospheric sciences, water and soil sciences, environmental chemistry, and society and environment
- Business development team to facilitate relationships with our local, nation and global contacts
- Specialist programmes to access international markets, e.g. take advantage of our links with China through the Lancaster China Catalyst Project
- Access extra resources from skilled students all year round
- LEC is one of Europe’s top environmental research centres, is ranked first in the UK for collaboration with oil and gas and in the top 20 agri-tech and agri-science organisations
- Opportunities to partner with the University in the delivery of training
- Collaborative with other resident companies in LEC & InfoLab21- annual events programme with company breakfast/lunch meetings
- Access to the wider university community through LEC contacts
- Access to expertise within the Centre for Ecology and Hydrology