The course, designed for PhD students, postdocs, MSc students and other early career researchers, is taught by experts in flood risk management and modelling from JBA Consulting & Lancaster University.
The course covers:
- Fundamentals of hydrological processes & measurement with field exercises
- Evaluation of the NFRM evidence base
- NFRM framework illustrated with exercises in opportunity mapping, modelling & stakeholder co-production
- Flood ‘event set’ analyses using hands-on 2D flood inundation modelling & physical sandbox modelling
- Risk & resilience estimation with spatial joint probability analysis
- Detailed NFRM modelling practical using Dynamic-Topmodel with uncertainty estimation including decision analysis software
- Co-benefits of NFRM with hands-on Benefits-Cost analyses
Dates: 19-23 Nov 2018
Venue: Hotel in English Lake District
Attendee places: 20
Applications received up to 28 Sep 2018. The application process is now closed.