The course, designed for PhD students, postdocs, MSc students and other early career researchers, is taught by experts in flood risk management and modelling from JBA Consulting & Lancaster University.
The course covers:
- Fundamentals of hydrological processes & measurement with field exercises
- Evaluation of the NFRM evidence base
- NFRM framework illustrated with exercises in opportunity mapping, modelling & stakeholder co-production
- Flood ‘event set’ analyses using hands-on 2D flood inundation modelling & physical sandbox modelling
- Risk & resilience estimation with spatial joint probability analysis
- Detailed NFRM modelling practical using Dynamic-Topmodel with uncertainty estimation including decision analysis software
- Co-benefits of NFRM with hands-on Benefits-Cost analyses
Dates: 20th to 24th November 2017
Venue: Hotel in English Lake District
Attendee places: 20
The course is free to successful applicants (including accommodation & a travel subsidy). If you would like further details &/or an application form, please write to Dr Nick A Chappell.
Closing date for applications is 22 Sep 2017