What Will You Study
Whether it is the boardrooms of multinational corporations or the offices of small enterprises the environment is now a fundamental part of decision making. In an increasingly complex and competitive business environment, managers need to understand the commercial opportunities that the environmental sector offers, as well as the standards of performance which customers, shareholders and regulatory agencies now expect.
The MA in Environmental Management and Consultancy prepares you for these challenges. It will develop your skills in decision making, specialist environmental knowledge, and the ability to solve problems in real-world situations.
There are core modules in environmental management and environmental auditing and a wide range of optional modules. A core module in environmental law is provided by the internationally renowned Lancaster University Law School.
The programme also includes a six month research placement where you will have the opportunity to put your knowledge and skills to the test by working for a small-medium sized company, a public sector body or voluntary sector organisation.
Dissertation Project (with Placement)
Research Methods (unless a social science research methods course has been taken at UG level)
Two optional modules from the following (subject to change)
- Behaviour of Pollutants in the Environment
- Catchment Protection (field course)
- Chemical Risk Assessment
- Conservation and Sustainable Development in the Brazilian Amazon
- Contaminated Land and Remediation
- Disaster Management
- Ecology, Conservation and Culture
- Environment and Culture
- Environmental Aspects of Renewable Energy
- Environmental Justice
- Food Security, Agriculture and Climate Change
- Geological Hazards
- Groundwater Resources and Protection
- International Environmental Law
- Low Carbon Energy Use
- Numerical Skills
- Perspectives on Environment and Development
- Right to Adequate Food as a Human Right
- Sustainable Soil Management
- Sustainable Systems
- Sustainable Water Management: Concepts, Governance & Practice
Please see Postgraduate Module Guide for further information