Lancaster Environment Centre (LEC) Masters fees for 2016/17:
▪ UK and EU students: £7,390* (GBP)
▪ Overseas students: £18,100* (GBP)
*This is general guide - please see the link below to view the Masters course you are interested in. Bench fees apply to some schemes.
We offer a variety of scholarships and bursaries that can help to fund your LEC Masters degree in 2016/17. Some are open to all LEC Masters applicants and others are attached to a specific Masters programme.
Lancaster Environment Centre Scholarships
- Eligible programmes: All LEC Masters degrees
- Funding available: Several scholarships worth £1,500 (UK & EU applicants) and £3,000 (Overseas applicants)
- Who can apply: UK, EU and Overseas applicants
- Eligible programme: MSc Ecology and Conservation
- Funding available: One scholarship worth £1,500
- Who can apply: UK and EU applicants
Peter John Vincent Geography Prize Bursaries
- Eligible programme: All LEC Masters degrees
- Funding available: Two scholarships worth £1,500
- Who can apply: Current undergraduate Geography students in LEC
To be considered for the above three awards you need to:
- Already have an offer of a place on a relevant LEC Masters degree.
- Email the LEC PG Office with a short supporting statement, including your name, applicant ID and reasons why you should be considered for funding (max 250 words).
The funding will be allocated on the following criteria:
- academic excellence, for example 1st class/high 2:1 undergraduate degree (or equivalent)
- awards for academic performance, publication of dissertation
- relevant work/voluntary experience
- additionally, the Peter John Vincent bursaries will be allocated to applicants with the highest overall mark in their undergraduate LEC Geography degree
We are unable to make decisions based purely on financial grounds and we are unable to consider applications from current LEC Masters students.
Deadline: Midnight (UK time) on Sunday 31 July 2016 (round 2)
Other Lancaster University funding sources
Alumni Loyalty Scholarship
If you have an undergraduate degree from Lancaster University or one of our partner institutions and choose to study for a Masters at Lancaster in October 2016, you will receive an automatic fee reduction. There will be a 20% discount if you receive a 1st class degree and a 10% discount if you have a 2:1.
British Hydrological Society/JBA Trust MSc Studentships 2016:
Further details can be found on the BHS website.
- Eligible Scheme(s): MSc Sustainable Water Management
- Funding available: Several scholarships worth £1,500
- Who can apply: UK applicants
To be considered for the above award you need to apply via the dedicated online application website:http://BHS-studentships.jbatrust.org which will open in due course.
Congratulations to Elliott Swallow for being one of only eight students in the UK to be awarded a BHS-JBA Trust Studentship in 2015! The British Hydrological Society (BHS) with support of the JBA Trust has established studentships to support the tuition fees and BHS membership of students on MSc hydrology courses in the UK. Elliott's application to support his MSc Sustainable Water Management course at LEC was ranked in the top eight of all applications received this year. Further details are published online at http://www.hydrology.org.uk
Other funding sources
Postgraduate Loan Scheme
In November 2015 the UK Government confirmed that a new postgraduate loan scheme will be introduced for students commencing master’s courses in the 2016/17 academic year. Read more about the scheme.
The University website includes a directory of external sources of postgraduate funding.
FindAMasters is offering Masters Scholarships for students wishing to start a Masters course in Autumn 2016.
UK applicants may also wish to consider a Professional and Career Development Loan.