Lancaster Environment Centre (LEC) Masters fees for 2016/17:
▪ UK and EU students: £7,390* (GBP)
▪ Overseas students: £18,100* (GBP)
*This is general guide - please see the link below to view the Masters course you are interested in. Bench fees apply to some schemes.
We offer a variety of scholarships and bursaries that can help to fund your LEC Masters degree in 2016/17. Some are open to all LEC Masters applicants and others are attached to a specific Masters programme.
Lancaster Environment Centre Scholarships
- Eligible programmes: All LEC Masters degrees
- Funding available: Several scholarships worth £1,500 (UK & EU applicants) and £3,000 (Overseas applicants)
- Who can apply: UK, EU and Overseas applicants
- Eligible programme: MSc Ecology and Conservation
- Funding available: One scholarship worth £1,500
- Who can apply: UK and EU applicants
To be considered for the above two awards you need to:
- Already have an offer of a place on a relevant LEC Masters degree.
- Email the LEC PG Office with a short supporting statement, including your name, applicant ID and reasons why you should be considered for funding (max 250 words).
The funding will be allocated on the following criteria:
- academic excellence, for example 1st class/high 2:1 undergraduate degree (or equivalent)
- awards for academic performance, publication of dissertation
- relevant work/voluntary experience.
We are unable to make decisions based purely on financial grounds and we are unable to consider applications from current students.
Deadline: Midnight (UK time) on Friday 29 April 2016 (round 1)
British Hydrological Society/JBA Trust MSc Studentships 2015
Details to be confirmed June-July 2016.
Other Lancaster University funding sources
Alumni Loyalty Scholarship
If you have an undergraduate degree from Lancaster University or one of our partner institutions and choose to study for a Masters at Lancaster in October 2016, you will receive an automatic fee reduction. There will be a 20% discount if you receive a 1st class degree and a 10% discount if you have a 2:1.
Other funding sources
Postgraduate Loan Scheme
In November 2015 the UK Government confirmed that a new postgraduate loan scheme will be introduced for students commencing master’s courses in the 2016/17 academic year. Read more about the scheme.
The University website includes a directory of external sources of postgraduate funding.
FindAMasters is offering Masters Scholarships for students wishing to start a Masters course in Autumn 2016.
UK applicants may also wish to consider a Professional and Career Development Loan.