We offer you the opportunity to visit us at one of our Masters open days. These take place at regular intervals throughout the year and a typical open day allows you to:
- discuss LEC Masters degrees with members of academic staff
- chat with some of our current Masters students
- find out about potential funding opportunities
- visit some of the facilities in LEC and witness some demonstrations to gain a flavour of the type of research we conduct
- tour the University campus, including postgraduate accommodation
Applicants attending our open days find them a very valuable experience and we encourage you to attend.
In 2014 our open days will take place on:
- Saturday 18th January 2014
- Saturday 1st March 2014
- Saturday 12th July 2014
The open days start at 12.00 noon and finish at 4.00 pm. To make a reservation please complete this form and further information will be sent to you.
If you are interested in studying for a research degree (Masters by Research or PhD) and wish to visit us, please contact the LEC PG office.
Open Day Travel Bursary
Open day travel bursaries are available to Masters applicants not currently studying at Lancaster. We will cover the cost of sustainable modes of travel (train, coach or bus) from your point of origin to Lancaster University, up to a maximum of £50. For more information, please contact the LEC PG Office.
Virtual Open Days
Virtual open days are for anyone who is interested in studying one of our Masters programmes but is not able to visit Lancaster University. The open day takes place online, on a website devoted to the event. Within the website you will be able to ‘chat’ to Programme Directors, the LEC PG Team and current students. In order to take part, all you will need is a computer which is connected to the internet and a web browser.
In 2014 our virtual open days will take place on:
- Wednesday 12th February 2014, 10.00 to 11.30am, GMT
- Wednesday 21st May 2014, 10.00 to 11.30am, BST
To take part in a virtual open day, please complete this form and further information will be sent to you.
Other University Events
Lancaster University also hosts general Postgraduate Visit Days and Events throughout the year.