Biology & Biological Sciences
Studying the science of life will equip you with the real-world skills required to tackle some of the biggest challenges facing our planet, whether it’s developing new treatments for disease, helping to protect endangered species, or trying to make sure the world has enough food.
Clearing is Coming
Our phone lines open on Thursday 16 August for Clearing and Adjustment. To keep up with up with the latest available courses click here.
in the UK for Biological Sciences, The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
student satisfaction for the overall quality of the course, National Student Survey 2017
go onto employment or further study within 6 months, DLHE 2013-16
You will also undertake a research project under the guidance of highly qualified and well-respected academics. This is an excellent opportunity to put the skills learned throughout your degree into practice, and there are opportunities to use state-of-the-art equipment in our laboratories or take your research out into the field.
You will benefit from
- Excellent student to staff ratios
- Regular one-to-one tutorials with an academic tutor
- Friendly and enthusiastic lecturers
- Outstanding pastoral care, provided by both your department and college
What we offer
- A range of innovative degree programmes to choose from
- Exciting fieldwork opportunities, in both the UK and overseas on Biology degrees
- High-quality facilities, equipment and friendly support staff
- Opportunity to study abroad, ranging from a term to a full year
- Placement opportunities with leading businesses
Lectures per week
Contact time per week in your first year
Additional practical sessions associated with many modules
At Lancaster, we take advantage of our natural surroundings to create amazing fieldwork experiences for students. Please note that field courses are only available if you are taking a Biology degree, and not a Biological Science degree. If you are studying Biological Sciences you may take a module which can include local field excursions.