All current LEC students and recent graduates can apply for relevant paid work experience through the Faculty of Science and Technology Internship Programme.
Work around your studies
The programme provides full-time, 2-3 month paid summer internship opportunities for science and technology students from July to September, advertised and recruited April - May. Part-time internships are available all year round at varying lengths to fit around your studies.
Students can receive up to £1,000 per month for full-time work. Part-time work is paid pro-rata.
Location and travel
Internships usually take place with a host organisation and you'll work from their premises for the entirety of the internship. The majority of businesses will be located in the North West of England, but opportunities outside this area are sometimes available.
Gain experience and skills
Relevant work experience while you are at university is crucial to achieving a good graduate job.
An internship will help you develop transferable skills such as:
- Team working
- Time management
- Commercial awareness
- Choose from a wide spectrum of science and technology roles
- Test potential career options
- Gain further employment - many employers use internships to test a new role and frequently offer graduate roles to interns
1. Register on the Science and technology Internship Programme website
2. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for vacancy updates
3. Apply for vacancies using the online CV template
Student Employability Manager Pam Pickles liaises with students and businesses, and manages the internships programme, making sure each student is supported throughout the whole process.
If you have any questions or want to talk about your career planning and aspirations and how internships can help kick-start your career, please contact Pam on +44 (0)1524 510 193 or by email to email@example.com.