We visit an area in Spain of steep environmental gradients, ranging from semi-arid conditions along the Mediterranean coast up to the tundra peaks of the Sierra Nevada.
You will work in small groups, in doing so gaining experience of designing, implementing and critically evaluating research projects that investigate diverse problems.
You will study a number of environmental problems including:
- Sediment transport in highly dynamic river systems
- Effects of agricultural terrace abandonment on biodiversity
- Spatial and temporal variations in microclimates within vegetation canopies
- Controls on landslide activity
- Altitudinal variations in soils and vegetation
Available on the following degrees
|Geography||Environmental and Earth Sciences|