As a Lancaster Graduate you can use selected Library e-resources, and join as a member for access to lending services.
Lancaster University Library is pleased to provide the University’s Alumni with remote access to the following resources for personal, non-commercial use.
- JSTOR: The Scholarly Journal Archive. JSTOR contains back issues of thousands of academic journals in a wide variety of disciplines. Issues are available both as images and as text, making searching possible both within each title and across the database. Back issues generally extend back to volume 1 and forward to within the last 3 to 5 years depending on the title.
- Sage e-journals
To access these you need to log in to the alumni website. If you have not yet registered to use this, please click the "New registration" link below the login form.
Lancaster University Management School Alumni can access Business Source Alumni Edition - please see the LUMS website
Not all publishers allow you to access their resources from your location but you are also entitled to use the library's Walk-in access facilities to access electronic resources in the library building.
- Google Scholar. Google’s search engine for scholarly works
- DOAJ: Directory of Open Access Journals. DOAJ offers free access to the full text of thousands of journals covering the humanities, social sciences, and sciences and also provides access to indexes in these subject areas, including dissertations and theses.
- DOAB: Directory of Open Access Books. DOAB offers free access to the full text of over 2,500 academic peer-reviewed books from 94 publishers
- PubMed. PubMed comprises more than 24 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
The Library is open to the public for reference use, but as a Lancaster Graduate you can join as an Alumni Library member for a discounted annual fee of £30. This entitles you to borrow up to six items from the Library. Please see the terms and conditions. Please also see the information for visitors for more details.
Please come to the information point (opening hours) and bring your fee (cash or cheque made out to Lancaster University) and proof of address. We will confirm on the central student database that you are a Lancaster Graduate. If your name has changed since you graduated, please bring evidence. Your card will be prepared while you wait.