Support and Training
We offer a variety of support and training opportunities to help you to make the most of your research time, and get the best out of the Library.
Research staff and students are encouraged to attend training opportunities offered by the University.
Library Training Courses
We organise a programme of useful talks and workshops for staff, researchers and postgraduates. Find out what's on and book onto a session via our Library Training Courses page.
Research Bites are short, informal sessions aimed at the research community at Lancaster University, which includes postgraduates, research students and staff. The aim is to deliver useful information, start discussions and answer questions.
- See what's on: Research Bites events page
- Follow the Research Bites blog for follow up Q&As and recordings from previous sessions.
The Library's Academic Services Team is a key contact for help with finding information. Other important contacts include:
Research Development Programme (OED)
In the Faculties
Each Faculty delivers researcher training and development courses. The Library aims to have input into these where possible.
- Faculty of Science and Technology Graduate School Research Development Programme (RDP) is also open to researchers from the Faculty of Health & Medicine.
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Graduate School Research Training Programme (RTP).
- Lancaster University Management School Research Training Programme (RTP).
Careers offer PhD students including workshops on career planning and writing academic CVs, and guidance on how to find post-doc job vacancies.