28 November 2018
If you'll be studying away from campus over the vacation, we can help.
- If you need a book over the vacation and it's already out on loan, you can request it in OneSearch. If you're not around to collect it, we can post it to you for a small charge.
- If somebody requests a book you have on loan, you'll have 2 weeks in which to return it. You can post the book back if you're not coming to Lancaster. No books will become due in the period between the Christmas and New Year Bank Holiday. See our address and other contact details.
- It's a good idea to return any books you've finished with before you go away.
- If you need a book during the vacation, check on OneSearch to see if it's available as an e-book. Why not let us know of any titles that you need, and we can investigate whether we can purchase the e-book?
- Did you know that you can use other university libraries over the vacation? The very useful SCONUL Access Scheme lets undergraduate students use other libraries for reference, and staff and postgraduates can borrow.
Are you staying in Lancaster over the holidays?
- You can continue to study in the Library for most of the holidays, with the exception of Saturday 22 December to Wednesday 26 December (inclusive), and Sunday 30 December to Tuesday 1 January (inclusive). Check the Library website for full details of opening hours.
- If you need a book which is already out on loan, you can request it in OneSearch. Please note that no books will be due for return between the Christmas and New Year Bank Holiday.
- If somebody requests a book which you have on loan, you'll have 2 weeks in which to return it.